Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Turnin' TWO!

It happened. My itty bitty 7lb, 12 oz baby turned two crazy years old. (literally crazy....but that's for another post....we'll keep this one upbeat and sappy) Our recent trip to the doc for croup had Aiden weighing in a little over 26lbs and our at home measuring stick said he's 32.5 inches. According to Baby Center's, I'm sure super accurate, height predictor, sweet Aiden will be a towering 5'7 when he turns 18. Here's to hoping that calculation is very wrong....but not being surprised if it ends up being true.

Next time you see Aiden you should ask him how old he is. I believe he thinks you are trying to ask him how he's doing. I attempted to phrase it multiple ways, but those questions didn't even get a response. So, for now, Aiden is "good" old.

We bought the kid a basketball goal for his birthday, and he didn't give it a look. He went straight for the other gifts we had for him, and naturally, the smallest gift with a few toy trains was his favorite. I should have known. I felt like we had to get him something big and fun, but he's happy with the small stuff. I should probably enjoy that now...I guessing one day that won't be so true.

Aiden enjoyed his first banana split on his second birthday....as well as the tradition breakfast cupcake. (no such thing as too much sugar on your birthday, right?) I'm a little sad we didn't capture him blowing out his candles. He just took one breath and blew them out, like he'd done it a million times. Last year we had to save him from burning himself cause he didn't have a clue what a candle was year....this year he knew exactly what was happening. Oh, how a year changes things.

He got an adorable orange birthday shirt that says "I'm this many" and shows two fingers. But that whole toddler photo thing? Yeah, the front of the shirt didn't really manage to make it in any pictures. I'm sure you'll see it in future photos though.

I also included a video that's about a week and a half before Aiden's birthday, of him singing a bit of the happy birthday song to his gal pal Lylah...cause I think it's fun to hear his sweet little voice. I figured it's birthday themed so it fits in with the post.

Thanks for hanging out with us for the last two years Aiden! Our lives have been made better, just by having you around!








No comments:

Post a Comment