Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Moments in March

Since someone may have fallen slightly behind on the blog, we'll do a nice little recap of last month's excitement.

Highlights included a visit from Grandma and Peacock (I've mentioned that's what Aiden calls Grandpa, right? He refuses to call him anything else...), tear duct surgery for Aiden (worked like a charm...woo hoo!), a visit from my college roomie and her hubby and sweet son, and animal month at daycare. We naturally ended the month on the high note by coming down with croup.

Aiden is a little chatter box and attempts to talk in sentences now, though it's really just a bunch of randomness strung together. Sometimes he'll say a bunch of his words at one time: "Bird.Truck.Choo-choo train.Turtle.Rosco (name of the neighbor's cat)." He also regularly tries to pronounce multi-syllable words, and it never fails to crack me up. For example - helicopter = hel-i-ca-lop-ter.

He also cracks me up with his inability to do certain things like hold up 2 fingers (been trying to practice for when people ask how old he is). He typically gives a fist or hi-five for '2'....or occasionally he'll cross his pointer and middle finger. He also cannot answer the question 'how old are you?' Just give it two days (TWO days....can you believe it....TWO days until my baby turns 2!), but I'll post a video that explains this a little more. It's hilarious. I mean, at least Ryan and I find it hilarious, but we are easily entertained by our child.

He's learned a few songs this month so that's fun - Happy Birthday (sung without a name....happy (pause) to you). Occasionally he adds "Jesus" in there, like he's singing happy birthday to Jesus. I think he's just ready for Christmas. He also learned Row, Row Your Boat, after discovering the baby bath tub under his bed, calling it a boat, and sitting in it.

And now time for the real highlights....pictures.

Aiden adores his Buddy, and I constantly find him sitting here. Buddy is also his favorite "hiding" place.

Ryan spent a weekend backpacking and hiked 30 miles, carrying this thing the entire way!

Because this just makes me laugh....
Aiden had a big blow out at church during aforementioned camping weekend. I don't always carry clothes with me anymore and didn't have any this day. So we left church looking like this - sweatshirt and boots. Well, boots that are actually house slippers (it was pajama day at church because of daylight savings). And then we had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, pants free. I should also mention it was only about 40 degree. Mother of the year award.
My college roomie came to visit. We took pics of our hubbies and our sons...but none of us. Go figure.

Aiden had to learn how to dunk.....
...After he saw these tall people doing it. :)

I once mentioned that it was hard to take pictures of toddlers. Try getting a good picture of two toddlers. Yeah, you pretty much take what you can get and this was it. The boys took a day to warm up, but they were wrestling each other by the end of the second day. So fun together!
We ended the month with 80 degree weather. Which was naturally the day Aiden wanted to put on his hat and gloves. This was also the day Aiden was home sick with croup. Maybe the croup made him cold.....

They had animal month at daycare and saw a turtle, hamster, chicken, puppy and rabbit. This is how Aiden reacted the first week to the hamster...pretty sure daycare said he felt the same way about the turtle. It's ok if you laugh. Daycare warned me that he didn't like it much when the animals crawled told him, but this was not the face I expected to see. I laughed so hard I nearly cried when I first saw this. Again, mother of the year award.
By the end of the month, Aiden had warmed up to the animals, though. Bunny kisses!

1 comment:

  1. You know I love the 2nd to last pic here! I feel the same way about hamsters (and all rodents!), Aiden!! :)

    ReplyDelete