Monday, September 15, 2014

Nine Months!

Last Sunday marked the start of 9 months....and yesterday was 37 weeks so really baby could show up at any point now. Crazy how fast this pregnancy has gone by! The doc did "the check" at my appointment last week and said I was 1cm and 25% effaced....which could really just amount to a whole lot more waiting. With Aiden I started showing some signs by 37 weeks....and he came at 41 weeks.

I've never been a gal that completely loved pregnancy, but there are some definite perks to growing this belly. Like people are extremely nice. And I can eat pretty much whatever and not feel (too) judged. I also think it's fun to have my own personal table in the form of a belly so when I sit down somewhere but don't have a place for my cup, plate, etc., I just use what the baby gave me.

One of my favorite things for both my pregnancies has been pregnancy hair, though. Yup. My hair. Normally if I try to skip a day of hair washing, it is pretty obvious by the end of day two. With pregnancy hair? I can go four days and people still think I washed it that morning. It may be true that fixing my hair is in my top ten of things I like to do least. So, yeah, pregnancy hair is awesome. Probably not tempting enough to have a third pregnancy....but worth considering. :)

If life goes like we've planned (I know, typing those words alone is dangerous...), this will be my last pregnancy. Lots of reasons....maybe for another post. But, the thought that this is it makes me love these last few weeks, even if my back is sore, I have strange pain in my shoulder, I am pretty sure the baby is messing with my sciatic nerve, and I wake up entirely too many times at night for bathroom breaks that I struggle to get out of bed for. This growing a baby business is not comfortable, but it's pretty awesome and I am so grateful for the blessing of my pregnancy experiences.

With Aiden, I was so nervous about delivery, I didn't mind how late he came. With this bebe, I'm ready any time he/she wants to come, but I'm going to love on this belly for as many days as I'm blessed to have it.

Will there by a 40 week picture?  We shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment