Monday, April 15, 2013

Walkin' & Talkin'

Aiden started saying understandable words around 10 1/2 months. He may have let a word slip before then, but you really have to listen for those first words....and, like any good mother, I wasn't listening. First words I noticed were "kick" and "up." This was quickly followed by "truck", "duck", and "quack" (do noises count as words? I mean, it's an intentional noise so I put it down...). And then....."that." Yes, Aiden says the word 'that.' It's actually probably his most frequently used word. You can tell we talk in a lot of specifics and promote an extensive vocabulary around our house....
The day after his birthday, Aiden decided to take some steps. My sister managed to have the camera rolling at the exact right moment! Fortunately, no one got very excited so there's no shrieks of background noise...
The doc said Aiden would walk before a year, but we've got a cautious kid on our hands. Even though he's tottering around, it'll be awhile before he actually uses walking as a mode of transportation...which is completely acceptable to me. He's growing up too fast anyway. Plus, I can catch up to a crawling kiddo much faster than I can wrangle down a running toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment