Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Happy One Week My Little Man!

My blogging absence means one thing....yes, our little guy finally made it into this world! One week ago, at 8:55am, Aiden James Schweizer took his first non-amniotic fluid filled breath of life.
The short and clean version of the story goes like this - Aiden wanted to take his time getting here in all respects...from being 8 days late to taking 18 hours during delivery. (And he made sure to cause his share of complications during delivery in order to extend the process...taking his first poo in my tummy, dropping his heart rate during contractions, being born sunny-side up.....he tried everything he could to delay his entry into the world.)
But he made it. Happy and healthy, he made it.
And now he is the sunshine of our daily lives. We love that God has entrusted this precious little man to us, and we look forward to all the weeks ahead with him.
(I am going to attempt to post a slideshow of photos from his first week...but no promises I'll get it figured out. I may end up just putting up a bunch of pictures...One way or another, he's sweet little face will make its blog debut!)

No comments:

Post a Comment