Sunday, October 26, 2014

Sibling Love

Aiden (and everyone else in our house) has had to do a little adjusting these last 3 1/2 weeks, but every week gets better - and sweeter - with him and Sophia. He knew to be gentle with her from the beginning, but he just gets more and more lovey toward her....and I love it. Every morning he asks, "where's my sister at?" and oftentimes when he's looking for her he will say, "where's my Sophia?" Melts my heart. When you ask him his sister's name he tells you her entire name - "Sophia Raye Schweizer." And just tonight I was listening to him name his family and he was sure to include Sophia ("Mommy, Daddy, Sophia, Aiden").

I love him more (how is that even possible?!?) watching him grow into this big brother role. It's still hard to believe that my baby is now my big boy. Not gonna lie...I've cried over this a few times. From snuggling with him and thinking about how he hardly fits in my arms anymore (much less snuggled against my chest like his little sister) to working through dividing my time between two little ones instead of being able to focus all my attention on one....it makes me a little emotional but it's so worth all of it as we grow into this family of four.

Meeting Sophia for the first time

 
Welcoming Sophia home!

Sharing his toys with Sophia (we actually had
to create an overflow chair because he shared so well...)
 
Holding "my Sophia," like he does every evening
 
Rockin' Mickey and Minnie...perhaps the beginning of
matching outfits....

Morning snuggles with sis
 
Helping Daddy carry Sophia to the car

No comments:

Post a Comment